Mark Twain has said “Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.” Having friends is important because they are the best judge and critics of our lives. The bond between friends is unique, they might fight sometimes but they always have each other’s back during problems, and love doing things together even if they are different from each other. Friendship Day celebrates this spirit of friendship and bonding that friends share which is very different from any other relationship. What better way to strengthen the bond than share the love for food? Here are some quick recipes that friends can cook together while catching up on their life, or make over a fun gossip session. To make things simple and interesting, Voltas Beko has provided some exciting recipes that will undoubtedly earn you rave reviews and give a spark of enthusiasm to your celebrations:
Recipe #1: Ginger Bread Cookies – A batch for the entire family!
Duration: 45 mins
- 2/3 cup Butter
- 1 3/4 cups Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup dates
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- In a bowl, mix the butter, brown sugar, and dates using a mixer or a whisk
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract
- Onto the mixture add the flour, ginger, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and combine well. Sprinkle chocolate chips and gently mix with the batter.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake in the Voltas Beko Microwave Oven on the convection mode for 25-30 minutes or until completely cooked. The advanced feather touch digital display ensures you can keep an eye on food being cooked while you’re busy gossiping with your bestie!
- Cool completely and serve hot with black coffee
Recipe #2: Sweet Tofu Cream– Try a Vegan Dessert together!
Duration: 30 mins
- 200 g silken tofu
- ½ 70% chocolate bar
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ grated orange
- Vanilla essence
- Handful of raisins
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Melt the chocolate in Voltas Beko microwave oven with auto-cooking features. Make sure it does not burn.
- With the food processor, whip all the ingredients until you achieve the smoothest cream possible.
- Serve chocolate in bowls and top it with your favourite toppings. Add in grated chocolate, and dried fruits.
- Let cool for a few hours and it’s ready to eat.
Recipe #3: Mocha Cooler– Netflix and late-night chill with your best friend, sipping on this yummy shake
Duration: 10 mins
- 250 ml milk
- 100 ml cream
- 25 ml black coffee
- 4 tbsp drinking chocolate
- 4 scoops of chocolate ice cream
- Mix the chocolate with hot black coffee until the liquid is uniform
- Pour in the milk and then whisk in cream
- Once ready, store it in the Voltas Beko refrigerator with StoreFresh™ Technology to lock in the freshness
- Add the ice cream to the glasses and serve immediately