Egg Butter Masala
- 4 Whole Boiled Eggs
- 3 Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 Onions, finely chopped
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 1/4 inch Ginger
- 6 tablespoon Butter
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon Chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon Garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon Kasuri Methi
- 15 Cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- Salt, to taste
Ready in 30 Minutes , Serves 4
- Soak cashew nuts in hot water for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes drain the water and retain the cashew nuts.
- In a kadhai, add 2 tablespoon butter. After the butter melts, add onion and fry till onion turns pinkish. Add tomato and saute till tomato turns mushy.
- Add garlic, ginger and saute till raw smell of garlic goes away. Add the boiled cashew nuts and mix.
- Switch off the gas. After cooling, grind the sauteed onion tomato mixture by adding 1 cup water.
- Strain this gravy by passing through a strainer. While passing through a strainer, take a spoon and keep on pressing the contents against the strainer. Let the entire gravy pass through. Only seeds of tomato will remain on strainer as a residue which you can discard.
- Heat the kadai again, add 1 tablespoon butter. Add bayleaf and ginger garlic paste and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the gravy and mix everything well. Add 2 tablespoons butter and simmer the gravy for 10 minutes.
- Add chili powder, garam masala, kasuri methi and mix well. Finally, add the boiled eggs and simmer for 5 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves or fresh cream if you wish.
- Serve Egg Butter Masala with Whole Wheat Lachha Paratha and Jeera Rice.
Kindly configure ratings options for this post.