- “The new mattress design presents a functionality that is beneficial for the spinal column’s bio-mechanical recovery mechanisms, during rest phase – Prof Antonio Herrera Rodriguez in a research study by University of Zaragoza (Spain)
- “The mattress is very effective and beneficial in supporting and relaxing the spine for a good night’s sleep, endorses renowned Indian Physio V Muthu kumar”.
Bengaluru : Magnistretch Spine Care Mattress (ACA certified), a product of Magniflex India, has received global accreditation from renowned medical experts for its effectiveness in decompressing and stretching the spine. Prof. Antonio Herrera Rodríguez from the University of Zaragoza (Spain) and Physio. V. Muthu Kumar, Head Physiotherapist, Stride Spine & Sports Rehab (India) have certified the effectiveness of the mattress.
Magnistretch Spine Care Mattress is a one-of-its-kind product that uses patented materials and Memoform layers to provide pressure-induced body contouring support while sleeping. It helps alleviate pressure points and reduce muscular contractions during sleep.
Commenting on the certifications, Mr. Anand Nichani, Managing Director, Magniflex India, said, “These certifications strengthen our resolve in giving people one of life’s essentials…quality and healthy sleep. Nearly 60 percent of Indians suffer from lower back pain at some point in their lives, and lower back pain is one of the leading causes of disability worldwide. Lack of support from mattress reinforces poor sleeping posture, strains the muscles, and does not help keep the spine in alignment, all of which contribute to lower back pain.”
“Magnistretch is certified by ACA (American Chiropractic Association), a leading national association in the United States, for the beneficial effect of stretching and relaxing the spine for those lying on the mattress. It helps in reducing back and neck pain. It also comes with a special layer that uses the weight of the body to stretch the back from the cervical and lumbar areas towards the lower back and feet.”
Prof. Antonio Herrera Rodriguez and other internationally acclaimed researchers have conducted numerous studies on orthopaedics and trauma surgery, including research on hip replacement and peer-reviewed medical studies. As part of his review and research, Prof. Herrera conducted a research on Magnistretch. His study found that the new mattress is designed to relax the muscles of the whole spine and help relieve stress and strain.
His research drew the following conclusions…
- The design of the Magnistretch mattress works as expected in terms of biomechanics (study of how living things move and interact with their environment), providing a gentle stretch on the spine while one sleeps. The mattress achieves this by allowing for natural movement and distributing loads in a way that supports the spine without causing any harm.
- The mattress helps with intervertebral-disc recovery regardless of one’s sleeping position. –
- Magnistretch mattress is designed to be activated by the weight of one’s body.
- Magnistretch promotes spine decompression, reduces muscle contractions and relieves cervical pain caused by poor posture while sleeping.
Physio. V. Muthu Kumar, Head Physiotherapist, Stride Spine & Sports Rehab has validated and recommended the product for people suffering from spine-related discomfort or pain. “I have personally used the mattress to study its effectiveness on the spine. It actually relaxes the muscles of the whole spine and revitalises the discs during sleep by improving blood flow. It allows quality sleep by relieving stresses and strain,” he said.
Magnistretch uses a thermo-regulating fabric certified by NASA. This fabric is used to manufacture the space suits of astronauts. The fabric allows the mattress to absorb high heat and release it during low temperature, thereby providing perfect temperature to the person lying on the mattress.