Groundbreaking Alpha 1 Camera Marks a New Era in Professional Imaging in India
The Alpha 1 delivers an unprecedented combination of resolution, speed and video performance, empowering professionals with a new high-resolution 50.1-megapixel full-frame image sensor, high-speed shooting at up to 30 Frames per second, 8K 30p video and more
- New 50.1-megapixel (approx., effective) full-frame stacked Exmor RS™ CMOS image sensor in combination with an upgraded BIONZ XR™ imaging processing engine with eight times more processing power
- Blackout- free continuous shooting at up to 30 frames per second
- 8K 30p 10-bit 4:2:0 XAVC HS video recording with 8.6K oversampling for extraordinary detail and resolution, in addition to 4K 120p 10-bit 4:2:2 movie shooting capabilities
- Improved Real-time Eye AF (autofocus) for humans and animals, and new Real-time Eye AF for birds, as well as Real-time Tracking that automatically maintains accurate focus
- S-Cinetone color matrix as seen in FX9 and FX6 to deliver expressive cinematic look. The S-Log3 gamma curve makes it possible to achieve 15+ stops of dynamic range.
- 5-axis optical in-body image stabilisation for a 5.5-step shutter speed advantage
- World’s first anti-flicker shooting with both mechanical and electronic shutter. Electronic shutter flash sync up to 1/200 sec. for the first time in the Alpha™ series. World’s fastest5 mechanical shutter flash sync up to 1/400 sec.
- Professional workflow support with the industry’s fastest built-in Wi-Fi, SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps, 1000BASE-T Ethernet and more
New Delhi: Sony, a leader in imaging sensor technology and digital imaging, today announced the arrival of the groundbreaking new full-frame mirrorless Alpha 1 camera. With a stunning combination of innovative new features, the technologically advanced camera, Alpha 1 combines high-resolution and high-speed performance at a level that has never been accomplished in the world of digital cameras.
“We are constantly listening to our customers and striving to bring new innovations to the market that goes far beyond their expectations.” said Mukesh Srivastava, Business Head, Digital Imaging at Sony India. “Alpha 1 breaks through all existing boundaries, raising the bar for what creators can accomplish with a single camera allowing them to capture and create what they have never been able to before.”
- New 50.1-megapixel (approx., effective) full-frame stacked Exmor RS™ CMOS image sensor in combination with an upgraded BIONZ XR™ imaging processing engine with eight times more processing power1
The brand-new Alpha 1 comes with 50.1-megapixel full-frame stacked Exmor RS™ image sensor. The newly developed image sensor is built with integral memory and paired with an upgraded BIONZ XR imaging processing engine, making it capable of shooting 50.1-megapixel images continuously.
- Blackout- free continuous shooting at up to 30 frames per second2
Complimenting the camera’s ability to capture images at an unprecedented speed, the Alpha 1 viewfinder features the world’s first, up to 240 fps refresh rate, for a super-smooth display. The 9.44 million dot OLED Quad-XGA electronic viewfinder does not black out when an exposure is made and offers an uninterrupted view allowing seamless framing and tracking, even during continuous shooting. The Alpha 1 capture moments that would otherwise be lost, thanks to its high-speed performance. High speed readout from the 50.1-megapixel image sensor and a large buffer memory makes it possible to shoot up to 155 full-frame compressed RAW images or 165 full-frame JPEG images at up to 30 frames per second with the electronic shutter while maintaining full AF and AE tracking performance.
- 8K 30p 10-bit 4:2:0 XAVC HS video recording with 8.6K oversampling for extraordinary 8K 30p3 10-bit 4:2:0 XAVC HS video recording with 8.6K oversampling for extraordinary detail and resolution, in addition to 4K 120p4 10-bit 4:2:2 movie shooting capabilities
For the first time in an Alpha camera, the Alpha 1 offers 8K 30p 10-bit 4:2:0 XAVC HS recording with 8.6K oversampling for extraordinary resolution. The Alpha 1 is also capable of 4K 120p / 60p 10-bit 4:2:2 recording. Combined with Sony’s acclaimed autofocus technology, gradation and color reproduction performance, the Alpha 1 will help the user realize their creative vision with the finest detail. Its 8K footage can also be used for flexible 4K editing during post-production.
- Price and Availability
The new Alpha 1 full-frame mirrorless camera will be available across all Sony Centers, Alpha Flagship stores, www.ShopatSC.com portal and major electronic stores across India from 12th March 2021 onwards.