Land Rover Opens Bookings For Defender Plug-In Hybrid In India
The New Defender Plug-In Hybrid is the most powerful and fuel-efficient Defender and the first Plug-In Hybrid from Jaguar Land Rover India
- In addition to the 2.0 l P Ingenium engine, it also has a 19.2 kWh lithium-ion battery
- Badged as the P400e, the New Defender Plug-In Hybrid produces a combined 297 kW of peak power
- The New Defender Plug-In Hybrid can be charged using a charging cable supplied with the vehicle, which can be plugged into a standard 15A socket at home or office
- A complimentary 7.4 kW AC wall box charger will also be provided to help customers quickly charge the 19.2 kWh lithium-ion battery
- The New Defender Plug-In Hybrid will be offered on the 110 and available in SE, HSE, X-Dynamic HSE and X variants in India
- Deliveries are expected to begin from Q1 of FY 2021-22
Bengaluru: Jaguar Land Rover India, today announced that it has opened bookings of its first Plug-In Hybrid in India, the New Defender P400e. Combining a powerful 2.0 l four-cylinder petrol engine and a 105 kW electric motor, the P400e develops 297 kW of combined power and 640 Nm of combined torque. This helps the New Defender accelerate from 0-100 km/h in just 5.6 s and achieve a top speed of 209 km/h. The New Defender P400e has a 19.2 kWh battery, which can be charged at home or office using a 15A socket or a 7.4 kW AC wall box charger, supplied complimentary with the vehicle.
Rohit Suri, President & Managing Director, Jaguar Land Rover India said, “We are extremely proud to introduce our first Plug-In Hybrid, the New Defender P400e in India, a vehicle that perfectly balances performance with efficiency, while retaining Land Rover’s legendary off-road capability. This also reaffirms our commitment to introduction of electrified vehicles across the Jaguar Land Rover portfolio, after we had opened bookings for Jaguar I-PACE in November 2020.”
The New Defender P400e will be offered in India in four variants, the SE, HSE, X-Dynamic HSE and X on the Defender 110.