Stellar Fusion greater noida
This delicious, meaty curry will warm your dinner table. A rogan josh dish straight from a Kashmiri kitchen, with mutton mingled with a slew of aromatic spices and herbs, combined with curd, then pressure cooked till soft. A tasty meal to serve at dinner gatherings! It goes well with onion rings and mint chutney.
FOR THE PASTE
- 1/2 tsp. hot chilli powder
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 2 tsp. garam masala
- 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
- 3 tbsp. tomato puree
FOR THE LAMB
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 750 g lamb leg, fat trimmed, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 4 cloves
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 x 5cm piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 100 ml natural yoghurt
- Small handful fresh coriander, chopped, to serve
- Combine all paste ingredients with a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pan and brown the lamb in batches. Set aside.
- In the same pan, fry the bay, cinnamon, cloves and onion until the onion is soft and translucent. Add the garlic and ginger and fry for a further 2mins. Add the paste and fry for another 2 mins.
- Add the lamb and 400ml of water and gently simmer for 1 hr, stirring occasionally.
- Discard the bay and cinnamon and stir through the yoghurt, cooking for a further 10 mins.
- Sprinkle with freshly chopped coriander before serving.