Navaratri is a sacred nine day festival wherein we all worship 9 different forms of goddesses. We all pray for ourselves and for our loved ones health. Right from fasting to playing garba, this festive season has many health benefits too. Many healthy items are prepared for these auspicious days. These healthy delicacies nutrifies our body in many ways. Following recipes are a perfect try for this festive season:
Meal Replacement Shake
Meal replacement shakes are formulated to work as a complete meal. They can serve as a quick and healthy breakfast option and support a healthy weight and metabolism. It contains a well-balanced proportion of protein, carbs, dietary fibre, healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals to meet nutritional needs with fewer calories. “Meal replacement shakes are intended to help people reduce their calorie intake and take the stress out of eating. They are intended for people who are constantly on the go and do not want to think about what they eat.” says Sharad Jain, Co-founder of Nutrabay.
Peanut Butter Shake
This shake has micronutrients and is easy to make. It has many essentials that our meals have. It can substitute our meal.
- 1 ripe peeled frozen banana,
- 1 cup plain milk,
- 1 tablespoon Chia seeds,
- 1 tablespoon Nutrabay peanut butter,
- Cinnamon powder and,
- Protein powder – Nutrabay Gold Whey Protein Isolate, Vanilla (as per your requirement)
- Put all the ingredients in a blender jar and blend it till it is ready to serve.
- Nutrabay.pngNUTRABAY Vanila Flavored Protein Powder.jpg
- Fruit Salad with a Saffron Yogurt Dressing
- Make your regular fruit salad more lip-smacking with saffron yogurt
- 1 cup of thick curds, beaten
- A few strands of saffron
- 1 tablespoon of sugar or ½ cup of jaggery, crushed
- 1 cup each of chopped fruits of your choice. Go colourful with apples, bananas, oranges, chikoos, and pomegranate kernels.
- Beat the sugar, saffron, and thick curds till incorporated. Refrigerate.
- Toss the chopped fruits into a large bowl.
- Drizzle the chilled yogurt dressing over the chopped fruits and enjoy.
- A bowl of different nutritious fruit gives us a lot of nutrients. Be it on a regular day or a day you have a fast. Apples, bananas, and oranges have protein, calories, and fiber in them. “A bowl of mixed fruit salad in the morning or the afternoon gives us essential nutrients. It is easy to make and needs very less time to make. It keeps us full for a long time and helps our body in several ways” says Shubha Rawal, Director, Sourcing and Marketing at IG International.
Asparagus and Jalapeno Cheese Maki Roll
- Sushi rice – 180gm
- Asparagus- 4 no.
- Cucumber- 100gm
- Red, yellow& green bell peppers-100gm
- Nori sheet- 2 no.
- Katharos jalapeno cheese-80gm
- Rice vinegar- 30ml
- Salt- 10gm
- Black sesame seeds- 10gm
- Soy Sauce- 20ml
- Gari- 10gm
- Micro greens-for garnish
- Olive oil- 20ml
- Black pepper- 10gm
- Wash the rise 4-5 times till the water becomes clear.
- Wash and trim the bottom edge of asparagus, peel the cucumber and make thin slices, and cut the bell peppers into small juliennes.
- Prepare the sushi rice seasoning using rice vinegar, sugar, and salt.
- Take a heavy bottom sauce pan add in normal cold water and put the sushi rice in it, keep it on the medium flame cover, and cook for around 10 min.
- Now add in the sushi seasoning to the rice, and take it out in a wide pan to cool it out.
- In a bowl, season the asparagus with olive oil, salt, and black pepper, and saute it on medium flame.
- Now take the sushi mat, and keep the nori sheet on top of it. Spread our sushi rice on the nori sheet using wet hands. Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top of it.
- Turn the sheet upside down and in a corner put some sliced cucumber, asparagus, and katharos jalapeno cheese spread.
- Roll the sushi with the help of the mat.
- Cut it into equal pieces.
- Place the sushi on a platter, on top of it put thin strips of bell peppers and micro greens.
- Serve with gari ginger and soy sauce.
This dish is easy to make and all of us can make it. Sushi Rice has carbohydrates and it keeps us full for a long time. It doesn’t take much time to make the dish” says Jasmine Bharucha, founder, Katharos Foods