Samsung Brings its Rugged T7 Shield Portable SSD to India; Durable & Fast Performance for Creative Professionals and Consumers On-the-Go
New, credit card size external SSD provides lightning-fast data transfer speeds in a drop, water and dust resistant design for content creation indoors and out
With no performance degradation when transferring large files, the T7 Shield is ideal for high-definition video recording and editing
Samsung, India’s largest and most trusted consumer electronics brand, today announced the launch of its latest external storage device, the T7 Shield Portable Solid State Drive (PSSD), bringing exceptional performance and reliability in a durable, credit card size design. The T7 Shield is the newest addition to the Samsung T7 Portable SSD family that includes the T7, a daily driver that provides incredibly fast speeds in a sleek design, and the T7 Touch, a CES award-winning PSSD with a built-in fingerprint sensor for enhanced data protection.
“Designed for creative professionals and on-the-go consumers, the T7 Shield Portable SSD is a durable, high-performance and reliable SSD. It is a tough and rugged device that ensures consumers’ data will remain safeguarded, even when it is dropped, exposed to water or used outdoors. The T7 Shield Portable SSD offers extensive compatibility, enabling consumers to use the new SSD on multiple devices including PCs, Android Smartphones and Gaming Consoles,” said Puneet Sethi, Vice President, Consumer Electronics Enterprise Business, Samsung India.
The T7 Shield is Samsung’s most durable PSSD to date, making it ideal for outdoor content creators or travelers who need data-rich experience without having to worry about data loss from exposure to the elements or life’s mishaps. Carefully engineered by Samsung from the inside out, the T7 Shield is shock-resistant from drops of up to three meters, while being IP65-certified as dustproof and water resistant. Despite the new rugged design, the T7 Shield is compact and lightweight, weighing a mere 98 grams.
The T7 Shield delivers a read speed of 1,050 megabytes per second (MB/s) and a write speed of 1,000 MB/s, which are the fastest transfer speeds currently available based on the USB 3.2 Gen2 standard. It is approximately twice as fast as its predecessor, the T5, and up to 9.5 times faster than external hard disk drives (HDDs), saving consumers, digital creators and professionals valuable time.
Samsung has also optimized the inside and outside of the product, by changing the surface material and improving the software in the T7 Shield, to solve the performance degradation and overheating that occur when transferring large files. Due to this change, there is no performance degradation even when files of 2TB are moved at once, and heat generation is minimized, which help solve the inconvenience that consumers may experience. Through this, it is possible to transmit data stably without performance drop, even when performing data-heavy, continuous tasks such as high-quality video recording, editing, encoding and rendering. This alleviates concerns over inconsistent drive performance.
Wide Compatibility and Strong Security
Designed to work across multiple devices, Samsung’s T7 Shield can store large numbers of pictures, games as well as 4K and 8K videos whether on a PC, Mac, Smartphone (Android), or game console. Additionally, the T7 Shield has strengthened security (*256-bit AES, Advanced Encryption Standard) with hardware encryption so that consumer data can be safely protected even if the T7 shield is lost. Plus, it provides access to Samsung’s Magician Software which lets users to conveniently manage the drive.
As with Samsung’s other portable SSD lineups, the T7 Shield uses one-third of the tray packaging compared to prior generations, while minimizing greenhouse gas emissions during its production through production efficiency.
Price, Variants & Where to Buy
Available in beige, black and blue to satisfy user preferences, the T7 Shield is offered in 1TB and 2TB sizes, making it suitable for a wide range of use cases. Priced at INR 22,999 for 2TB and INR 12,999 for 1TB, the T7 Shield will be available at all Samsung retail stores, leading consumer electronics stores, and across online platforms, including Samsung’s official online store Samsung Shop.
The drive comes with a USB Type-C-to-C cable and a USB Type-C-to-A cable.
Consumers will be offered a 3-year warranty on both variants of The T7 Shield.
Samsung Portable SSD T7 Shield
USB 3.2 Gen2 (10Gbps)
88 x 59 x 13mm (3.5 x 2.3 x 0.5 inches)
98 grams (3.47 oz)2)
Up to 1,050 MB/sec3)
Up to 1,000 MB/sec3)
Up to 3-meter5)
AES 256-bit hardware encryption
Samsung Portable SSD 1.06)
Samsung Magician Software
Windows 7 or higher, Mac OS X 10.10 or higher,
Android Lollipop or higher
0°C to 60°C 7)
-40°C to 85°C
5% to 95% non-condensing
1,500G, duration: 0.5ms, 3 axis
CE, BSMI, KC, VCCI, C-tick, FCC, IC, UL,
TUV, CB, EAC, UKCA, BIS
Three (3) Year Limited Warranty8)
- 1 GB=1,000,000,000 bytes, 1 TB=1,000,000,000,000 bytes. Lower capacity may be demonstrated by computers due to use of a different measurement standard.
- Exact weight of product may vary by capacity.
- Max data transfer speed is measured based on Samsung’s internal testing standards with the enclosed cable. Performance may vary depending on host configuration, cable and user system environment.
- T7 Shield has a IP65 rating based on internal testing conducted under controlled conditions. Water and dust resistance capabilities may vary depending on the actual environmental conditions. Damage caused by liquid and dust are not covered under warranty.
- *IPX5 Test condition: Device was exposed to fresh water projected from a nozzle (Φ6.3mm) 3 meters away at 12.5 l/min for 3 minutes.
- **IP6X Test condition: Device was exposed to 2kg/m³ of active dust with a pressure under 2kPa for 8 hours in a vacuum chamber.
- The drop test was conducted under controlled conditions. Drop resistance may vary depending on the actual environmental conditions. Damage caused by drop is not covered under warranty.
- T7 Series Software’s minimum System Requirements: Windows 7 or higher, Mac OS X 10.10 or higher, Android Lollipop or higher
- Case Temperature is measured at the hottest point on the case. Sufficient airflow is recommended to be operated properly on heavier workload within device operating temperature.”
- Samsung Electronics shall not be liable for any loss, including but not limited to loss of data or other information contained in Samsung Electronics products and in storage devices, or loss of profit or revenue which may be incurred by user. For more information on warranty, please visit https://samsung.com/portable-ssd
Newsroom Link: Samsung Brings its Rugged T7 Shield Portable SSD to India; Durable & Fast Performance for Creative Professionals and Consumers On-the-Go