Celebrate Father’s Day Special Recipes by Le Creuset India
Recipe created for – Grills
Main Ingredient – Poultry
Serving Size – 2-4
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion – finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic – minced
- 3 teaspoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 125ml (4floz) tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 500g (1lb 2oz) skinless chicken breast fillets – cut into strips
- Bamboo skewers
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan. Add the onion and saute until soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and ginger and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the chicken and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Reserve half of the sauce for basting and dipping.
- Place the chicken in a zip-lock and pour in the remaining sauce. Close the bag and knead to ensure the chicken strips are entirely coated in the sauce. Marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water for 20 minutes. This will prevent them from burning on the grill.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and remove the excess before threading onto the skewers. Discard the marinade.
- Place the empty Grillit over a low to medium heat on the hob and allow it to progressively heat for several minutes. When the grill pan is ready, lightly oil the grill ribs and place on the skewers, cook until well browned on one side, about 5 to 7 minutes. Turn the chicken and baste with some of the reserved sauce. Grill for a further 5 minutes or until cooked. Remove from the grill and serve with the reserved sauce.
- Ensure the cooking surface is sufficiently hot but not smoking before cooking begins, if too cool, the sear lines will not develop.
- Test the grill’s temperature before cooking by splashing a few drops of cold water over the hot surface. If it sizzles and the water evaporates almost immediately, it is hot and ready for use. If the water produces steam but has no sizzle, heat the pan for a little longer and repeat the test again. Use an oven mitt, handle glove or a thick cloth for gripping the cast iron handle at all times.