Top 5 indoor plants filled with magnificent properties to celebrate Earth Day
Earth Day is the time of the year when people move out to appreciate natural surroundings and engage in group activities like tree plantation, disposal of trash in parks/roads, and motivational programmes on sustainable living with focus on recycling materials. Given the pandemic situation this year, it will be celebrated online. In conjunction with this year’s theme ‘Restore the Planet’ Ferns N Petals emphasizes on the importance of plants as they are the best natural resource to produce oxygen in the atmosphere as well as improves the air quality. Keeping plants in the house will help to store carbon and release oxygen keeping the surroundings breathable which will be ultimately beneficial for lungs.
Plants are one of the most precious gifts of nature for they benefit mankind in several ways. The advantages of potted plants and flowers for the Earth are myriad; they can be useful in several ways. Ferns N Petals has a variety of plants which will not only purify the air but will also elevate the beauty of your interiors
- Areca Palm: It is the most efficient air purifying plant which is nowadays found in almost every household. It is a natural cooler that can remove xylene and toluene that emit from paints, wooden furniture, and petroleum products.
- Golden Pothos: This is possibly one of the low maintenance plants and it is easily available in the market. Also known as Money Plant, it is one the best Feng Shui plant for good luck and has magical air purification properties. It can be easily grown in soil and water both
- Lucky Bamboo: It is one of those plants that require low maintenance which is one of the prime reasons behind its popularity as an indoor plant. Another interesting fact about this plant lies in its ability to transform lives. Yes, placing this plant in home and office often results in good fortune and prosperity in all spheres of life.
- Snake Plant: The scientific name of Snake plant is Sansevieria trifasciata. This is one of those plants that release oxygen at night and thus helps the air to remain clean and cool both. It removes nitrogen oxides, carbon dioxide, trichloroethylene, and toluene from the air.
- Tulsi: Also, know as basil, is packed with many earthy and healthy benefits. This plant produces anti-inflammatory and antibacterial compounds that help in lowering the pollution levels and minimise the effect of air pollution. In fact, it is a very powerful immunity booster which can be eaten raw or added in water.
Plants are easily accessible and are an inexpensive option for gifting to anyone. This Earth Day let’s take a pledge to plant more trees and keep the indoors green for a healthy, prosperous, and sustainable tomorrow.