- 2023 Wynk Rewind unveils the top artists, songs and albums that have defined India’s music choices in the year and offers a new and personalised Rewind user experience
- Romance and Dance emerge as India’s favorite genres with the most streamed songs
- Arijit Singh, Pritam and Amitabh Bhattacharya emerge as the top three artists
- Wynk Studio now has a 1300-strong artist community, with different artists continuing to climb the popularity charts
- Streams have grown by 17% from 2022, with Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Delhi emerging as the top cities
Gurugram: Wynk Music, India’s number 1 music streaming app by downloads and daily active users, today, unveiled its Wynk Rewind 2023 – announcing the top artists, albums and songs to have ruled the Indian music scene this year.
Wynk Rewind 2023 collates the top artists, albums, songs and playlists played on Wynk music over the course of a particular year. Powered by an Artificial Intelligence (AI) algorithm it draws out the music consumption patterns of users and offers Wynk users a personalised user experience on the app, delivering trends that offer a detailed view into listening patterns across total minutes streamed, favourite songs and artists, all of which can be shared across social media platforms.
This year’s Rewind carries special features such as the musical zodiac, a receive activity badge based on fan consumption that helps fans get to know who they are superfans of. Additionally, it will also present Wynk listeners with a special playlist featuring all their top songs along with a special message video featuring their favourite artist.
Abhishek Biswal, Head – Digital Products & Services, Airtel said, “At Wynk, we are always trying to find engaging ways to enhance the experience on our platform. In line with this, Wynk Rewind is an incredible initiative and offers deep customer insights into music preferences and consumption trends, which helps us immensely in elevating the experience on our app and delivering greater value to our customers. We promise to continue to build on our endeavours to offer the most personalised music experience to our customers.”
Wynk Studio — India’s largest music distribution ecosystem for independent artists — now has over 1300 artists. 55% of these artists come from non-metro cities including cities in the Northeast, highlighting how the platform has functioned as an enabler to offer these artists a creative outlet while solving monetisation and discovery issues for them. Aditya Rikhari in Hindi, Mali in English, Harsha Prawin in Telugu, AR Anandh in Tamil, Dheemusix in Kannada and Raj Burman in Bengali are some of the leading indie artists of the year.
In 2023, Wynk supported the distribution of independent singles such as “Love Token” from Manj Music and Anusha Dandekar, “Billo” from Vishal Dadlani and Nikhita Gandhi’s single “Pyaar mein Pagal”, along with helping independent producers build scale such as LGF Studios whose movie “Love All” starring Kay Kay Menon and Swastika Mukherjee was promoted on the platform.
Wynk Music is accessible across an entire range of platforms including Android Drive Mode, Android Auto, SIRI, Apple Car Play, Google Nest, Apple Watch and Google Assistant.
Wynk Rewind 2023 Highlights
|TOP STREAMED SONGS
|Heeriye (feat. Arijit Singh)
|Jasleen Royal, Arijit Singh
|Chaleya (From “Jawan”)
|Arijit Singh, Shilpa Rao, Anirudh Ravichander
|Zihaal e Miskin
|Vishal Mishra, Shreya Ghoshal
|TOP STREAMED ARTISTS
|Top 3 Songs
|Heeriye Chaleya Phir Aur Kya Chahiye
|Tum kya mile What jhumka O bedardiya
|Phir Aur Kya Chahiye Tere Vaaste Tum Kya Mile
|TOP STREAMED ARTISTS BY LANGUAGE
|S S Thaman
|Hesham Abdul Wahab
Wynk Music journey:
1. Sept 2014: Launched in India; crosses 1 lakh downloads in 4 days
2. Feb 2015: Crosses 5 million app downloads
3. June 2015: Launches Data Save Mode
4. Nov 2015: Crosses 12 million installs
5. Jan 2016: Introduces MP3 Player Function- Plays Local MP3 file
6. Mar 2017: Crosses 50 million installs
7. Jan 2018: Crosses 75 million install
8. Dec 2018: Voted India’s most entertaining app on Playstore
9. Jan 2019: Crosses 100 million installs
10. Aug 2022: Launched Wynk Studio
11. August 2023: Wynk partners with Dolby
12. September 2023: Ventures into distribution with Love All