Bajaj Finance Organised Nation-Wide Intensive Awareness Programme 2022 On Financial Education & Fraud Awareness At Mohali, Punjab
New Delhi : Bajaj Finance Limited, India’s largest and highly diversified NBFC and the lending arm of Bajaj Finserv Limited, organised a public awareness programme at Rayat-Bahra University, Mohali, Punjab, to spread awareness on online fraud, financial education, Banks & NBFCs’ Internal Grievance Redressal Mechanism as well as the RBI’s Integrated Ombudsman Scheme. The workshop was organised as a part of the RBI’s Nation-wide Intensive Awareness Campaign, planned across Maharashtra, Haryana and Punjab in conducted in different schools and colleges, manufacturing plants and auto union premises.
The Mohali workshop was chaired by senior officials from RBI Ombudsman, Chandigarh, Cyber Crime, Mohali and Retired SP Ludhiana along with other members of the Bajaj Finance’s Risk Containment Unit and Operation teams.
Bajaj Finance also advised the participants at the workshop and the public to pay extra attention to the below-given tips to adopt healthy financial habits and stay safe against online fraud.
TIPS TO BEAT ONLINE FRAUDS
- For any service-related concerns/queries, Bajaj Finance customers must visit its website directly at www.bajajfinserv.in/reach-us
- Use stronger passwords and change online banking credentials, ATM-PIN, UPI-PIN and wallet passwords regularly
- Install antivirus software from trusted entities only and it is advised to keep the device software updated
- Use authorised payment modes only for making loan repayments and never forget to collect the acknowledgement receipt post completing the payment
- To receive timely alerts and notifications, always keep registered contact details updated with the financial institution or any other service providers
- Never attempt to make generic searches about the Bajaj Finance Customer Care Number on the internet as it may lead to FAKE helpline numbers and websites
- Do not share confidential Credit/Debit Card Number, Expiry Date, CVV Number, ATM-PIN, Net banking/Phone banking password, UPI-PIN, or OTP with anyone
- Never act on SMS messages asking to click on a link to update PAN/Aadhaar number for KYC verification or to get the EMI card unblocked
- Do not fall prey to tempting loan offers at unreasonably low rates or in exchange for advance money or processing fees
- Do not download any third-party, unknown apps like TeamViewer/AnyDesk which may compromise one’s device security
- Never scan any unknown QR codes or enter UPI-PIN to receive money
- Do not trust any unauthorised, private third parties offering fictitious loan settlement services in exchange for upfront fees as it may lead to monetary loss
College students, teachers and staffs participating during the session.
Bajaj Finance has been driving awareness campaigns, through its digital and social media channels, branch networks and other infotainment media, to reach the last mile consumers and help them better understand financial products and services and not be exposed to any kind of online or offline vulnerabilities. Its ‘Savdhaan Rahein. Safe Rahein.’ campaign was launched as a proactive and preventive awareness initiative to help consumers stay safe against online frauds while ‘Har Time EMI On Time ‘ was launched to drive awareness and adoption of healthy financial habits amongst the public and the benefits of timely loan repayments.