Creamy Polenta with Mushroom Ragout
|Water / Milk||1000 ml|
|Grated Parmesan cheese||50 grms|
|Sage herb||few leaves|
|extra-virgin Olive oil||25 ml|
Method of cooking Creamy Polenta:
- In a medium pot add few table spoon of oil once hot add minced garlic and cook until soft; add 4 cups of water/milk and boil to a high simmer.
- Add in Sage leaf which is roughly chopped.
- Add butter to the simmering liquid.
- Slowly whisk in the polenta. Add 1 more cup of water/milk and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in Cream and grated Parmesan cheese and mix well until blended well.
- Turn off the heat and whisk in the olive oil and sea salt. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Season to taste and keep it aside.
|Button Mushroom||500 grms|
|Grated Parmesan Cheese||50 grms|
|Minced Garlic||50 grms|
|Onion (finely chopped)||1 no|
|Parsley finely chopped||for garnish|
|White Wine||60 ml|
|Salt & Pepper||to taste|
|Olive Oil||50 ml|
Method of Preparation –
- In a medium pot add few table spoon of oil and soft butter once hot add minced garlic and cook until soft;
- Add in finely chopped Onions and cook them until translucent.
- Add in cut mushrooms and wilt it or cook until soft which is for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Deglaze the Pan with White Wine.
- Add in Cream and cook for about 2 minutes to a simmer.
- Add grated Parmesan cheese and cook until blended well along the mixture.
- Check the seasoning by adding Salt & Pepper.
- Pour the Mixture on top of the reserved Creamy Polenta and serve hot.
By Chef Charles Jayakumar