Lamb Donne Biryani
Whether you love cooking or not, love for food surpasses all woes. But with limited food delivery options and safety concern, cooking during this COVID-19 phase can be a task. Here, we coaxed some chefs from Academy of Pastry & Culinary Arts to share some exciting, innovating, and easy to make recipes that you can try during your working from home days.
|Jeera Samba Rice||1 kg|
|Lamb Curry cut||1.5 kg|
|Onions (sliced)||500 grms|
|Tomatoes (sliced)||300 grms|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||200 grms|
|Mint Leaves||1 bunch|
|Coriander leaves||1 bunch|
|Bay leaf||2 grms|
|Star anise||2 grms|
|Turmeric Powder||½ tspn|
|Chilli Powder||2 Tblsp|
|Garam Masala powder||1 Tblsp|
Method of Preparation–
- Soak Jeera samba rice at least 20 minutes prior.
- Make fine paste of Mint and Coriander half bunch each and remaining half chopped and reserved.
- In a heavy bottom pan add Oil and Ghee together, once hot add all the whole spices.
- Once whole spices release the aroma add sliced onions and cook until it turns golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook until the raw flavour is gone.
- Add some chopped mint and coriander leaves and fresh green chillies.
- Add Lamb curry cut and cook until the meat is sealed.
- Add Turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt & garam Masala powder and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add sliced tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes gets completely mushy.
- Add curd and cook until the oil is released at the corners of the pan.
- Add the reserved Mint & Coriander paste and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and Check for seasoning.
- Add water and bring it to boil. Check the lamb if cooked or need some time.
- Add in the soaked rice and stir well gently.
- Cook until the rice absorbs about 80% of water.
- Switch off the flame, add ghee and chopped coriander and mint on top and cover it with silver foil and cover it with lid.
- Place the cooking pot on hot grill under medium heat for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Once done portion it in a serving bowl and serve hot.
By Chef Jagadish Purushothama