Dabeli on Khari Toast
- 3 dried red chillies
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6-8 cloves
- 3 star anise
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 3-4 boiled and mashed potatoes
- 2 tbsp Dabeli Masala (recipe above)
- 1 tbsp tamarind chutney
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Del Monte Eggless Mayo
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Masala Peanuts
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup Nylon Sev
- 8-10 Khari Toasts
- For the Dabeli masala, dry roast all the ingredients in a pan over medium heat, about 4-5 minutes. Turn off the gas and let it cool completely. Add to a blender and grind until a fine powder is achieved.
- Heat oil in a pan on low heat and saute turmeric powder for a few seconds. Add mashed potatoes, Dabeli masala, tamarind chutney, lemon juice, eggless mayo and salt with a few tablespoons of water to bring it all together. Cook for about 3-4 minutes until it has all come together and the mixture becomes slightly dry.
- On a khari toast, add the potato topping, masala peanuts, pomegranate seeds, coriander leaves and sev and drizzle with Eggless Mayo.
Kindly configure ratings options for this post.