Bonds between Siblings are unique. They fight, have each other’s back during problems, love doing things together and yet can be so different from each other. Sibling Day celebrates this spirit of friendship and bonding that siblings share which is very different for any other relationship in the family. What better way to strengthen the bond than share the love for food. Here are some quick recipes that siblings can cook together while catching up on their life, or make them over a long family gossip session over a video call. To make things simple and interesting, Voltas Beko has provided some exciting recipes that will undoubtedly earn you rave reviews and give a spark of enthusiasm to your celebrations:
Recipe #1: Ginger Bread Cookies – A batch for the entire family!
Duration: 45 mins
- 2/3 cup Butter
- 1 3/4 cups Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup dates
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- In a bowl, mix the butter, brown sugar, and dates using mixer or a whisk
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract
- Onto the mixture add the flour, ginger, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and combine well. Sprinkle chocolate chips and gently mix with the batter.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake in the Voltas Microwave Oven on the convection mode for 25-30 minutes or until completely cooked
- Cool completely and serve hot with black coffee
Recipe #2: Sweet Tofu Cream– Try a Vegan Dessert together!
Duration: 30 mins
- 200 g silken tofu
- ½ 70% chocolate bar
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ grated orange
- Handful of raisins
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- This is a very simple recipe that requires only a food processor.
- Melt the chocolate in Voltas Beko microwave oven with auto-cooking features. Make sure it does not burn.
- With the food processor, whip all the ingredients until you achieve the smoothest cream possible.
- Serve chocolate in bowls and top it with your favorite toppings. Grated chocolate, dried fruit
- Let cool for a few hours and it’s ready to eat.
Recipe #3: Banana Coconut Milkshake – Netflix and late night chill with your sibling, sipping on this healthy shake
Duration: 10 mins
Serves: Per person
- 1 large banana
- 1 spoonful pure cocoa
- 1 spoonful maple syrup
- 150 ml coconut milk
- Place all the ingredients in a mixer
- Mix until the liquid is uniform
- Vary thickness by adding more or less coconut milk
- Once ready, store it in the Voltas Beko refrigerator with StoreFresh™ Technology to lock in the freshness