With ‘International Eat an Apple Day’ being celebrated on September 17th, your news feeds must be flooded with scrumptious apple recipes. This day encourages people to seek out food that was sourced organically and appreciate nature in its entirety for its flora and fauna. Hershey India brings to you a healthy recipe of Apple Butter. Apples are rehydrated and cooked at a low temperature until most of the water has absorbed, leaving sweet apple syrup that’s a healthy alternative to refined sugar. With Chef Ranveer Brar’s homemade apple syrup, relish with a delicious topping for breads and pancakes every morning. Try this simple recipe for ‘Apple Butter’ syrup at home and kickstart your day with a healthy snack curated by Chef Ranveer Brar for Hershey India.
Hershey’s Apple Butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons
- HERSHEY’S Caramel Flavored SYRUP
- 1 cup
- ½ teaspoon
- nutmeg powder
- 1 teaspoon
- cinnamon powder
- 4 -5
- apples (peeled and chopped into cubes)
- 1 saucepan
- 1 storage jar
- In a pan add all the ingredients and cook over low flame.
- Cook for 30 minutes, ensure that the mixture is of thick consistency.
- Smear a generous amount of the apple butter on slices of toasted bread and serve.