Mahindra introduces a new range of the Thar starting at INR 9.99 Lakh; now accessible to a wider range of thrill-seekers
- Now available in Rear Wheel Drive (RWD) as well as Four Wheel Drive (4WD) configurations
- With the new Rear Wheel Drive (RWD) range, the Thar is now accessible to a broader audience with a new starting price of INR 9.99 Lakh (ex-showroom)
- Introductory prices of RWD variants applicable on first 10,000 bookings
- Four Wheel Drive range is now equipped with advanced electronic brake locking differential
- Also available in two new exciting colour options – Blazing Bronze and Everest White
- Deliveries of RWD variants to begin from January 14, 2023
Bengaluru : Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., pioneers of the SUV segment in India, today introduced an all-new range on the Thar. The all-new range includes Rear Wheel Drive (RWD) variants in two engine options and enhanced capability in the Four Wheel Drive (4WD) variants. The Diesel variants of the RWD range come powered by an all-new D117 CRDe engine producing 117 BHP and 300 Nm torque (87.2 kW@3500 rpm) with manual transmission. Powering the Gasoline variant of the RWD range is the mStallion 150 TGDi engine producing 150 BHP and 320 Nm torque (112 kW@5000 rpm) with automatic transmission.
The new Thar range starts at an attractive price of ₹ 9.99 Lakh, making it accessible to a wider customer base of SUV buyers and to those who have always aspired to own this iconic SUV. The Thar offers a highly unique driving and ownership experience, exemplifying the promise of ‘Explore the Impossible.’
The 4WD variant now comes with an advanced electronic brake locking differential, which kicks in more aggressively. Developed in collaboration with Bosch, it will allow off-road enthusiasts to tackle low traction situations with more ease. For those who still prefer the mechanical locking differential (MLD), this will be available as an option on the LX Diesel 4WD variants. The 4WD powertrain line-up remains unchanged. It is powered by the 2.0L mStallion 150 TGDi petrol engine producing 150 bhp of power & 320 Nm of torque and the 2.2L mHawk 130 Diesel engine producing 130 bhp of power & 300 Nm of torque. These engines are offered with a choice of 6-speed manual transmission or 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission.
Veejay Nakra, President, Automotive Division, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said, “The Mahindra Thar is not just a capable SUV, it is an emotion. Since 2020, the all-new Thar has captured the imagination of SUV lovers with over 80,000 fans exploring the impossible every day. To make our offering even better, we listened to our customers and engineered the new range of the Thar with important enhancements. By offering the new RWD variants, we have made it much more accessible to those who wanted to live the ‘Thar life’, while our additions on the 4WD variant has been designed to please the true off-roaders. We are confident the new range of the Thar will further spark the thrill to explore the impossible and add new enthusiasts to the Thar lifestyle.”
The new Thar range takes the personalisation quotient to the next level. Two exciting new colour options – Blazing Bronze and Everest White are now available for customers to choose from. New accessory packs – comprising exterior and interior styling options – are offered in four different designs. Keeping in mind the needs of customers, front and rear armrests are being offered as accessories. The armrests come with built-in storage. Also, the rear armrests will be equipped with cup-holders and USB charging ports for greater comfort and convenience. The RWD range will be offered only with the Hard Top Option.
All-New Thar – Range
New Rear Wheel Drive (RWD) variants
Diesel: an all-new D117 CRDe engine producing 117 bhp and 300 Nm with manual transmission
Gasoline: mStallion 150 TGDI engine producing 150 bhp and 320 Nm with automatic transmission
Enhanced capability of existing 4WD variants with advanced brake locking differential
o The 4WD range now comes with an advanced electronic brake locking differential to conquer challenging terrain effortlessly
Two new exciting colours for RWD
Blazing Bronze and Everest White
New accessory packs
o The Thar sports an iconic design, but now can be personalized exhaustively with the new range of bespoke accessories
o Exterior and interior style packs in four different designs
o Front and rear armrest with storage to improve drive comfort. Also, the rear armrests will be equipped with cup-holders and USB charging ports for greater comfort and convenience
Pricing details (ex-showroom) below
AX (O) RWD – Diesel MT – Hard Top
INR 9.99 Lakh
LX RWD – Diesel MT – Hard Top
INR 10.99 Lakh
LX RWD – Petrol AT – Hard Top
INR 13.49 Lakh
*Introductory RWD price applicable on first 10,000 RWD bookings
A category creator of its own launched in 2020, the Thar attracts customers and enthusiasts with its quantum leap in unmissable presence, iconic design, breathtaking performance combined with everyday comfort, modern technology and safety features.
- Unmissable presence: A modern take on an iconic design, the All-New Thar, with its wide stance and iconic lines, stands out wherever it goes.
- Make epic trips in comfort: The all-new interiors have everything to make every trip comfortable and fun. It is equipped with sporty front seats, reclining rear seats, roof-mounted speakers and more.
- Retro cool meets new tech: The All-New Thar is loaded with tech that keeps customers connected with their Thar, their friends and the outdoors. It includes a responsive Touchscreen, Tyretronics and more.
- Excellent safety: Rated 4-Stars in adult & child safety by Global NCAP. With ESP, roll cage, ABS & Airbags, the Thar is equipped with all the safety gear to explore the impossible.