Gluten free and Vegan Chocolate Cake
- ¾ Cup – Rice flour
- ½ Cup – Ragi/finger millet flour
- ½ Cup – Sunflower seeds
- ¼ Cup – Tapioca flour
- ¼ Cup – Cocoa powder
- 1 Cup – Powdered jaggery
- 3 Tbsp – Ground flaxseed mixed with 9 Tbsp water (flax-egg)
- 1 Tbsp – Coffee dissolved in ¼ cup water.
- ¼ Cup – Coconut milk
- ¼ Cup – Warm water
- 1 ½ Tsp – Baking powder
- 1 Tsp – Baking soda
- 1 Tsp – Vanilla extract
- ⅓ Cup – Olive oil
- 2 Tsp – Apple cider vinegar
- ¼ Tsp – Salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
- Place the sunflower seeds in a blender jar with the rice flour and process it into a fine powder.
- Take this out in a bowl and add the ragi flour, tapioca flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt in.
- Give it a thorough whisk so that everything is evenly combined.
- In a clean bowl, add the powdered jaggery, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, coconut milk, flax egg, vanilla extract, coffee dissolved water and give it a whisk until the jaggery is dissolved.
- Now add the dry mixture into the bowl and using a spatula, mix it until all the dry mixture is incorporated.
- Now add the warm water into the bowl and give it a final mix, until a uniform batter forms.
- Pour the batter into a greased and lined baking pan and bake the cake for 40-45 minutes until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool to room temperature, top it with some chocolate ganache, caramel or fresh fruits and serve.
Kindly configure ratings options for this post.