Iftaar Recipes by Jaypee Greens Golf and Spa Resort
MUTTON SHAMI KEBAB RECIPE
- 500 grams Boneless Mutton
- 1 cup chana dal
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric/powder
- 10 cloves garlic
- 2 inch Ginger
- 3 green chillies finely chopped
- ¼ pecans finely chopped
- 3 spring mint leaves/pudina
- Salt as required
- Oil as needed
- 4 Red Chillies
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 5 Cloves
- ½ inch cinnamon stick
- 2 Cardamom
- ½ teaspoon shahi jeera
- 2 black cardamom
- To begin making the Mutton Shami Kebab recipe, wash and soak chana dal for minimum 1-2 hours.
- Wash mutton pieces nicely and pressure cook it with soaked chana dal, turmeric powder, salt ginger, garlic and whole spices.
- Once the mutton is done, pass it through a colander and collect the stock in a separate bowl which you can use later to make any mutton curry.
- Collect the cooled mutton and dal mix in a grinder jar and grind to make a fine dough. The dough may look fibrous because of the meat.
- Add finely chopped onion, chopped green chillies, chopped mint and coriander and mix nicely till everything incorporates well.
- Heat a wide pan and grease it with 1-2 tablespoon oil.
- Pinch a lemon sized ball from the mutton mix and flatten it to shape a round disk.
- Similarly make rest of the kebabs and shallow fry from both sides in a wide pan till they turn dark brown in colour.
- Mutton Shami Kebabs are a perfect snack option during Ramadan and also a great side dish with Chicken Biryani. Serve with onion rings, lemon and dhaniya pudina chutney.
Ingredients of Haleem Recipe | Haleem: With lentils, spices and broken wheat, it is a slow-cooked delicacy usually enjoyed during Eid festivities.
Ingredients of Haleem
- ½ tsp lamb (boneless)
- 150 gms moong dal (washed)
- 100 gms wheat (broken)
- 500ml desi ghee
- 10 Cloves
- 4 Bay leaves
- 1 gms saffron
- 30 gms green chilly paste
- 10 gms turmeric powder
- 6 gms mace
- 10 gms green cardamom
- 50 gms ginger paste
- 50 gms ginger, grated
- 150 gms onion, fried
- 3-4 litre lamb stock
- To taste salt
How to make Haleem
- Wash and soak all the lentils and broken wheat together for 2 hours.
- Take a heavy bottom handi and add ghee to temper it with whole spices- cloves, bay leaf and green cardamom. When the spices start crackling, add the grated ginger and garlic paste till the colour turns brown.
- Add the lamb along with all the powdered spices saffron, green chilly paste, turmeric powder and cook until it is half done and then add fried onions.
- Drain the water from the lentils and add it to the lamb along with lamb stock. Add salt at this stage.
- Let it cook until lamb gets tender and mixes with the lentils and becomes thick in consistency.
- Check for the seasoning and serve with choice of breads.
Key Ingredients: Lamb (boneless), moong dal (washed), dal chana, wheat (broken), desi ghee, Cloves, Bay leaves, saffron, green chilly paste, turmeric powder, mace, green cardamom, garlic paste, ginger, onion, lamb stock, salt